Ingredients: (Sugar candy)
1½ tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white or brown sugar
a pinch of baking soda
Directions: (Sugar candy)
- Place sugar in a stainless steel ladle and heat it over medium heat until it starts to melt.
- Stir it with a spoon so it melts evenly and doesn’t burn. Control the heat by lifting the ladle far from the heat or bringing it closer, as needed.
- Stir the melting sugar until it turns into a smooth, clear liquid with no lumps.
- Add baking soda and continue stirring. It will expand and change from light brown to creamy golden beige.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar on a cookie pan. Scrape the hot, foamy candy from the ladle onto the sugar coated cookie pan.
- Place a skewer or lollipop stick in the center of the lower part of the candy, 1 inch from the edge.
- Press it down with any smooth, flat, non-stick object like a stainless steel bowl, lid, or a spatula.
- Use a cookie cutter to press a pattern into the center of the candy. Press hard and make a good impression if you want them to break out the design easily, and press softly if you want to drive them crazy!
- Wait for 1 minute until the candy gets hard. Enjoy!