Ingredients:(Southwestern Chili Pasta)
1 package(s) (16-ounce) wagonwheel or ziti pasta
2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 pound(s) lean ground beef (90% fat-free)
2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
1 teaspoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
1 can(s) (14- to 14 1/2-ounce) stewed tomatoes
1 can(s) (15- to 19-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup(s) water
3/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat (2%) Cheddar cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Directions:(Southwestern Chili Pasta)
- Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and red pepper, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer onion mixture to small bowl.
- In same skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon. Discard any fat from skillet. Stir chili powder, cocoa, cumin, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into beef in skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Return onion mixture to skillet; stir in stewed tomatoes, beans, and water. Heat mixture to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add chili mixture to pasta in saucepot; stir until combined. Serve pasta with cheddar and sour cream if you like.