4 pound(s) leg of lamb
3 sprig(s) fresh rosemary, chopped coarsely
1/2 teaspoon(s) sweet paprika
2 pound(s) potatoes, chopped coarsely
1 piece(s) (1-pound) pumpkin, chopped coarsely
3 small brown onions, halved
2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
1 cup(s) chicken stock
1/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or 350 degrees F fan-forced.
- Place lamb in oiled large roasting pan; using sharp knife, score skin at 3/4-inch intervals, sprinkle with rosemary and paprika. Roast lamb 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F or 325 degrees F fan-forced; roast lamb about 45 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes, pumpkin and onions in single layer in large shallow baking dish; drizzle with oil. Roast for last 45 minutes of lamb cooking time.
- Remove lamb and vegetables from oven; strain pan juices from lamb into medium pitcher. Cover lamb and vegetables to keep warm. Return 1/4 cup of the pan juices to roasting pan, stir in flour; stir over heat about 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles and browns. Gradually add stock and wine; stir over high heat until gravy boils and thickens. Strain gravy into a gravy boat.