Ingredients:(Puff Pastry Pear Tartlets)
2 1/2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
1/4 cup(s) sliced almonds
2 tablespoon(s) sliced almonds
6 tablespoon(s) crème fraîche
14 ounce(s) all-butter puff pastry, chilled
1/4 cup(s) pear brandy
4 large Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
3/4 cup(s) sugar
Directions:(Puff Pastry Pear Tartlets)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a work surface, sprinkle the top of the pastry with 1/4 cup of the sugar and, using a rolling pin, roll the sugar lightly into the dough. Flip the pastry and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup of the sugar. Roll out the pastry to a 12- by 16-inch rectangle. Using a 4-inch round plate as a template, cut out six rounds of pastry.
- Transfer the pastry rounds to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and poke them all over with a fork. Top with another sheet of parchment and baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is lightly browned. Remove the top sheet and parchment paper and bake the rounds for 10 minutes longer, until caramelized. Slide the paper and pastry rounds onto a rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the pears and cook over high heat, tossing gently, until barely softened, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the pear brandy. Return the skillet to the heat and cook until the liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Add the sliced almonds and cook over high heat, stirring, until golden, 3 minutes. Transfer the almonds to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
- Dollop the crème fraîche on the pastry rounds and top with the pears and almonds. Serve right away.