Ingredients:(Orecchiette with Cauliflower and Sage Brown Butter Sauce)
1/2 cup(s) sun-dried tomato halves, cut into strips
1 small (1-pound) cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-size florets (3 cups)
1 pound(s) orecchiette pasta
1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 slice(s) shallot, minced
18 fresh sage leaves
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions:(Orecchiette with Cauliflower and Sage Brown Butter Sauce)
- Place tomato strips in a small bowl and cover with hot water; let steep 10 minutes, to soften. Drain.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook 3 minutes, or until almost tender; remove florets from pot with a slotted spoon and place in a small bowl. Bring water to a second boil; add pasta and cook according to directions on package, or until the pasta is just tender.
- While the pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; add cauliflower, tomato strips and shallot and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until cauliflower is just tender. Cover and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Stir the pasta into cauliflower mixture and keep covered.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a small heavy skillet over moderately-low heat. Raise heat to medium; add the sage leaves and continue to simmer 4 minutes or until butter is golden brown with a nutty aroma and sage leaves are crisp. Pour over pasta; add reserved 1/2-cup cooking water and toss. Season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.