Ingredients:(Lime Rubbed Shrimp with Avocado Grapefruit Salad)
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon(s) sugar
2 Ruby Red or Rio Star grapefruit
1/4 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
12 ounce(s) peeled deveined shrimp (16- to 20-count)
1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
1 head(s) butter lettuce, leaves torn
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
4 whole-grain dinner rolls
Directions:(Lime Rubbed Shrimp with Avocado Grapefruit Salad)
- From limes, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel; squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Set peel aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat ginger, sugar, and lime juice to boiling on high, stirring. Remove from heat and let stand.
- With knife, cut peel and white pith from grapefruit; discard. Holding grapefruit, 1 at a time, over medium bowl, cut out segments between membranes. Squeeze membranes to release remaining juice into bowl. Discard seeds. Thinly slice half of mint.
- Preheat grill pan or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high.
- Rub oil all over shrimp. Sprinkle sliced mint, lime peel, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon salt all over shrimp. Grill 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp just turn opaque throughout, turning over once.
- Pour ginger mixture through sieve over grapefruit, pressing on ginger to extract liquid. Gently stir to mix.
- Divide lettuce and mint leaves among 4 plates. Top with shrimp, avocado, and grapefruit mixture. Serve with rolls.