Ingredients: (KEFIR BERRY PARFAIT)
1 1/2 cups coconut kefir, plain, unsweetened (or use goat yogurt, if tolerated)
4 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking), or your favorite sweetener.
2 teaspoons lime juice or lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Parfait Layers
1/2 cup nuts, soaked and crisped if possible. (See All About Nuts)
1 cup fresh tart mixed berries that are naturally low in sugars, unsweetened, such as blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, elderberries, gooseberries, black currants, or wild strawberries
Directions: (KEFIR BERRY PARFAIT)
- To mix the Vanilla Kefir: In a medium bowl, whisk together kefir, sweetener, lime juice and vanilla.
- Wash the berries and drain well. Then sprinkle a layer of berries into the bottom of 2 tall glasses.
- Add a layer of nuts.
- Cover with a layer of Vanilla Kefir.
- Repeat with another layer of each: berries, nuts, and kefir.
- Top with berries, nuts and garnish with a few mint leaves if you have them.