Ingredients:(Frisee Salad with Bacon Shallot Vinaigrette)
3 slice(s) bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
12 ounce(s) (2 to 3 heads) frisée or 2 bags (5 to 6 oz. each) mixed baby salad greens
1 medium shallot, minced
2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
6 large eggs
Directions:(Frisee Salad with Bacon Shallot Vinaigrette)
- In 2-quart saucepan, cook bacon on medium 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat 1 inch water to boiling on high to poach eggs in later. Trim and discard stem ends from frisée; cut leaves into bite-size pieces. Place greens in large bowl.
- Remove saucepan from heat. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain; discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Into bacon fat remaining in skillet, whisk shallot, vinegar, Dijon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. In slow, steady stream, whisk in oil until combined. Add warm vinaigrette to bowl with frisée and toss until evenly coated.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium to maintain water at gentle simmer. Break eggs, one at a time, into cup. Holding cup close to surface of water, slip in each egg. Cook eggs 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken. With slotted spoon, lift out each egg and quickly drain, still in spoon, on paper towels.
- To serve, divide frisée among 6 salad plates; top with bacon and egg. Sprinkle egg with coarsely ground black pepper if you like.