Ingredients:(Mediterranean Pasta Salad)
1 package Three Cheese Tortellini (20 oz.), prepared according to package directions
2 cups grapes, halved
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette dressing
3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/2 cup thinly sliced salami
1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
Instructions:(Mediterranean Pasta Salad)
Combine prepared pasta, grapes, cheese, dressing, peppers, salami and basil in medium bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Tip: To save time, use jarred, roasted red peppers.
Ingredients: (Asian Coleslaw)
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
4 to 5 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
Directions: (Asian Coleslaw)
Combine vinegar and sweet chili sauce in large bowl; stir well. Add coleslaw and peanuts; toss to coat.
Ingredients: (Baked Cod with Oranges and Olives)
4 (6-ounce) cod fillets, pin bones removed
1 1/2 teaspoons Chicken Flavor Bouillon
1 small red onion, thinly sliced horizontally
1 orange, thinly sliced horizontally
1/2 cup pitted green olives, quartered
1/4 cup olive oil
Directions: (Baked Cod with Oranges and Olives)
Preheat oven to 475° F.
Place cod in ovenproof baking dish; season with bouillon. Top each fillet with onion slices, 1 orange slice and olives. Drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Ingredients: (Fruit-Filled Cantaloupe Baskets)
2 cups halved strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup Apple100% Juice
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon granular no calorie sweetener (such as SPLENDA)
1 bunch frisée or green leaf lettuce
Directions: (Fruit-Filled Cantaloupe Baskets)
CUT cantaloupes in half; remove seeds. Scoop round balls of cantaloupe out of each half with melon baller or small round spoon, leaving about 1/2 inch of cantaloupe in the melon
COMBINE cantaloupe balls, strawberries and blueberries in large bowl. Mix Juicy Juice, lemon juice and sweetener in small bowl; pour mixture over fruit mixture and toss lightly.
LINE cantaloupe halves with frisée or lettuce leaves. Spoon fruit mixture into each cantaloupe half. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ingredients: (Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad)
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1/2 cup canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 red grapefruit
2 navel oranges
1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
2 bunches watercress, thick stems discarded
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
Directions: (Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad)
- In a blender, combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar, agave nectar, mustard and lime zest. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream and blend until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Add the jicama, watercress and pomegranate seeds to the bowl. Add the dressing, toss gently and serve right away.
Ingredients: (Herring Under The Fur Coat)
1 big or 2 small whole herrings (pickled with a salt)
1 big potato
3-4 middle size carrots
3 middle size beets
Bunch of green onions
Directions: (Herring Under The Fur Coat)
- Prepare ingredients: boil carrots, potatoes and beets for salad, let them cool till room temperature and skin; fillet salted herrings.
- Take big flat plate, grate boiled potato on big slots of grater and form round layer in the middle of the plate (make sure you have about 2 inches left till the edges of the plate).
- Dress layer of grated potato with mayonnaise (yes, you need liquid mayo which is easy to pour).
- Dice herring fillets (and pick bones if you see any) and layer it above potato.
- Add chopped green onions as third layer and dress with mayonnaise.
- Cover whole thing with an even layer of boiled carrots grated on big slots, use your hands to form the shape of a hill.
- Spread mayonnaise on the surface.
- Cover whole thing with an even layer of boiled beets grated on big slots.
- And again cover it with mayonnaise.
- Let salad to rest at room temperature for 2 hours, after put it to the fridge. Prepare this salad in advance, it needs at least several hours of “rest” after assembled so layers can soak juices of each other and mayonnaise. I usually prepare this salad night before I am planning to serve it.
Ingredients:(Russian Cheese Salad)
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, pressed
Directions:(Russian Cheese Salad)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and garlic. Chill until serving.
Ingredients:(Gourmet Cucumber Chicken Salad)
2 (10 ounce) cans chicken chunks, drained
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
3/4 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
Directions:(Gourmet Cucumber Chicken Salad)
In a salad bowl combine the chicken, grapes, pecans/almonds, celery, oranges and salad dressing. Toss to coat and serve!
Ingredients:(Chicken Salad Spread)
1 (10 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
1/4 cup chopped celer
1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
Directions:(Chicken Salad Spread)
Combine the chicken meat, celery, mayonnaise, onion powder and sweet pickles.
Ingredients:(Hot Chicken Salad Casserole)
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
1 cup chopped celery
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons grated onion
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
Directions:(Hot Chicken Salad Casserole)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
In a large bowl mix the chicken, celery, water chestnuts, mushrooms, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, onion, and almonds. Transfer to the baking dish, and top with Cheddar cheese and crushed potato chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until lightly browned