Ingredients: (Almond Bar Chocolate Sauce)
4 bars milk chocolate bars with almonds (1.05 ounces each)
1/4 cup hot water
Directions: (Almond Bar Chocolate Sauce)
Makes 1/2 Cup 1. Melt milk chocolate bars in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. 2. Add hot water, all at once; stir to blend until smooth. Serve as a hot topping.
Ingredients: (Triple-Treat Sauce)
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
Directions: (Triple-Treat Sauce)
Microwave chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels and peanut butter in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on Medium-high (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Whisk in evaporated milk. Stir in nuts. Serve warm over ice cream or cake. Store remaining sauce tightly covered in refrigerator.
Recipe makes 4 1/2 cups.
Ingredients: (Caramel Sauce)
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions: (Caramel Sauce)
Combina sugar and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil, without stirring, for 10 to 14 minutes, tilting pan occasionally to keep color even until mixture turns a deep caramel color. Remove from heat.
Stir in sweetened condensed milk (mixture will foam up); do not scrape sides of pan. Add 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, one tablespoon at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in remaining butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Serve over ice cream or cake, if desired.
Ingredients: (10-minute pad Thai)
200g raw prawns
small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
2 x 200g packs straight-to-wok pad Thai noodles
1 egg, beaten with a fork
juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, to serve
Directions: (10-minute pad Thai)
Dry-fry the prawns and coriander stalks in a non-stick frying pan for 1-2 mins until the prawns are just pink.
Add the noodles, beansprouts, egg, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
Quickly toss together for 1 min more until the egg is just cooked and everything is well mixed – you might want to use a pair of tongs to make this easier.
Remove from the heat, mix in most of the coriander leaves, then divide between 2 bowls.
Scatter with the remaining coriander and the peanuts, and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Ingredients: (7-Minute Salmon Caviar Sushi Bites)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon prepared wasabi
1 tablespoon finely shredded nori
36 mixed rice crackers
1/4 cup salmon caviar
Directions: (7-Minute Salmon Caviar Sushi Bites)
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese with the wasabi and nori. Transfer the mixture to a small sturdy plastic bag and snip off one corner. Pipe a small mound onto each rice cracker and top with a small dollop of the caviar. Serve right away.
Ingredients: (Black Pepper-Raspberry Sorbet with Prosecco)
One 750-milliliter bottle Prosecco, chilled
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened slightly
Directions: (Black Pepper-Raspberry Sorbet with Prosecco)
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the pepper all over the sorbet and fold it in with a rubber spatula. Cover and freeze for about 3 hours, until firm.
- Chill 8 champagne saucers. Using a 1/2-ounce ice cream scoop, place 3 scoops of sorbet in each saucer. Pour about 1/3 cup of Prosecco into each saucer.
Ingredients: (Oysters on the Half Shell with Rosé Mignonette)
1/2 cup sparkling rosé
2 shallots, minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 dozen oysters, shucked
Shaved ice, for serving
Directions: (Oysters on the Half Shell with Rosé Mignonette)
- In a bowl, combine the rosé, shallots, vinegar and pepper. Arrange the oysters on a bed of ice and serve with the mignonette
Ingredients: (Pisco Sour)
2 ounces pisco3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
3/4 ounce Simple Syrup1 large egg white
4 drops of Angostura bitters
Directions: (Pisco Sour)
- Put all of the ingredients except the ice and bitters in a cocktail shaker; shake for 10 seconds. Add ice; shake for 10 more seconds, then strain into a chilled coupe. Dot the drink with the bitters and draw a straw through the drops.
1 cup ice
1 lime wedge
3 ounces silver tequila
1 small mango—peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chile powder, such as Tajin (see Note)
2 ounces orange liqueur
1 1/2 ounces agave nectar
3 ounces grapefruit soda
- Spread the chile powder in a dish. Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with the lime wedge; dip the rim in the chile powder to coat. In a blender, puree the mango. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into the glass and serve.